Sleep Training for Professionals
EDS Training Ltd
Sleep Update Day
What is a Sleep Update Day?
Our Sleep Update Days are designed to help those who are working in the world of paediatric sleep remain up to date with the latest research, discuss complex cases, exchange ideas and meet other professionals working in the same field
Who are theses courses for?
These courses can be attended by anyone who has already completed a face to face intensive 3-5 day paediatric sleep training course. You will be asked which courses you have previously attended and when on your application form. If you have not attended such a course but would like to do so please look at our 3 day Paediatric Sleep Training Course for Professionals
How often are these course?
These are annual courses and will run in the autumn each year
Our next course will be on the 22nd October 2019
We will confirm the programme nearer the time but here is an example of content from our Sleep Update Day in October 2018
Some of the questions we looked at were;
• “Does feeding babies solids before 6 months of age improve sleep”, and “are too many babies overfed”, and if so where does that leave parents?
• Is ADHD just a sleep disorder?
• Does a massaged-based bedtime routine improve sleep for babies/ children and mothers?
• How does thermoregulation in babies and children with complex needs affect sleep?
• IT media use versus books at 3 years of age, how does it impact on sleep?
• Can early sleep problems increase the risk of Chronic Fatigue in adolescence?
• Should we follow France’s lead and teach sleep education to 8 year olds in school?
• Can what we smell affect the content of our dreams?
• Had a psychologist come to speak on the subject of “Sleep and Anxiety”
• Looked at 2 cases studies 1. for a child with anxiety and 2. for an anxious mother
• Looked at The Smart Crib, and discussed if we as sleep practitioners would recommend its use or not.
• Had a demonstration from Creative Care on the use of Safe Sleep Spaces for children with additional needs
• Brainstormed “How to develop business opportunities”
£105. Cost includes lunch, and tea and coffee throughout the day and on site parking.